LONG ISLAND EXTERIORS
Paving, Hardscapes & Landscapes by Flawless Paving
Long Island Backyard Ideas
By Monica Bradford
Living on Long Island my whole life, I’ve always loved the change of seasons and variety of things to do and see. On one side, we have the natural beauty of the east end (beautiful beaches, amazing wineries, agriculture and more). And on the other side, one of the most exciting and advanced cities in the world – with plenty to enjoy in between!
Now that we’re in the middle of winter, it’s a time of year when we start to miss the warm summer weekends and all the outdoor livelihood that Long Island has to offer. But of all the beautiful and fun places on Long Island, the one I miss most… is my own backyard.
We spend so much time in our yard - it’s the place we make the most memories. That’s why I love to design and create outdoor spaces for others too.
Here are some fun ideas to start planning in your own yard this summer with friends and family:
- Plant an herb or vegetable garden.
- Make a bird-house.
- Grill smores (if you don’t have a fire-pit, use the barbecue).
- Make wishes on stars. Save your wishes in a bucket.
- Collect butterflies.
- Play hop-scotch, jump rope and have a water-balloon fight.
- Make a tire-swing.
- Have a peanut hunt.
Contact us to learn more about how Flawless Paving & Masonry can help you get started on a more functional and beautiful outdoor living space! We service all of Long Island and beyond (Nassau County, Suffolk County & Queens, NY).
- Water Features
- Driveway Designs
- A Better Outdoor Living Space
- Outdoor Kitchen Designs
- Long Island Patio Ideas
- Life on Long Island
- Asphalt, Concrete or Pavers?
- Outdoor Spaces on Long Island
- Long Island Backyard Ideas
- Adding Curb Appeal
- Commercial Property Maintenance
- A Higher Standard in Paving
SUBSCRIBE to our mailing list to get more ideas on exterior hardscape designs, landscape designs, outdoor life on Long Island and special offers!